Thursday, November 09, 2006

Kiam Siap Kui!


So I looked, and behold, a black horse, and he who sat on it had a pair of scales in his hand. And I heard a voice in the midst of the four living creatures saying, “A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius; and do not harm the oil and the wine” (Revelation 6:5-6).

I can see the “or beh” looking at me. I’m tired of always being broke. And I’m tired of getting turned down because my prices are too steep.

I always emphasize that I give quality service. But I guess that’s not the way to go. People always go for the cheaper deal. And everyone claims to be giving quality service anyway. Bah.

What to do. We’re cina. And all cina think like that. Always wanting to get the most for less. Sigh… If you can’t beat them, join them!

Here’s the new deal. RM30 per hour for personal tutoring. Maths and sciences for all forms. English proficiency lessons are incorporated as a bonus. You call me, I come there. I will prepare or buy the necessary materials at no extra cost. I have a long list of teaching stints under my belt. Taught in Penang Free School in 2002 and 2003, Convent Green Lane in 2004, Methodist Boys’ School in 2005, St Xavier’s Institution in 2006, and currently teaching in Convent Green Lane again. I’ve got good reviews from every school. Don’t believe? Ask my former students.

I’ve done personal tutoring for Form 1, Form 2, Form 3, and Form 4 too. I’ve taught in a tuition center before also. And I have a degree in Bachelor of Science With Education, with honours, mind you! Go look for a better personal tutor at such a killer rate if you can. Sure cannot find wan. Don’t believe me? Ask the black horse.

Swimming lessons. RM150 for 10 lessons, 1 hour per lesson. You arrange the venue, I come there. My credentials go a long way. Former state swimmer. My state record is still standing (Google it up and see). Qualified lifeguard and lifesaving instructor, certified by the Life Saving Society of Malaysia. Represented Malaysia in the Asia Pacific Lifesaving Sports Challenge (Japan, 2005), and in the World Lifesaving Championships (Australia, 2006).


You can be sure as heaven that you won’t drown in my hands. And I can help make you become who I once was. It can’t get any cheaper than this. Don’t believe me? Save yourself the trouble of doing a survey. I’ve done my research. You can’t possibly go any cheaper than that in the entire Penang island!

Lelong lelong… Cheap! Cheeep! Cheeep!

No need to tell you good or not. Because even if I do, you won’t believe. So…


CHEEEEP!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You really know how to boast yourself.

Anonymous said...

yooO!!! rmber who am i or not???!!
YOUR SIS (CC'04-chalet 9) lahhh!!!

How're you??? :)
By the way i've link your blog in mine :)

Oh one more thing, u said, (quote)"Swimming lessons. RM150 for 10 lessons, 1 hour per lesson. You arrange the venue, I come there. "

I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR SWIMMING LESSONS!!! So KL sounds good to u?

Anonymous said...

Dear anonymous,

If you really knew Joshua in real life, you would understand he was saying this in jest. Anyway, everyone is free to have their own opinion.

However I would just like to comment that he's not actually just a self proclaimed good christian but one who does practice what he beliefs. So before you disregard him with your one liners in 2 entries, I suggest you get to know him better. Or if you really do know him... "Chill out!!" :P

Anonymous said...

pls don write negative stuff on ppl's blog.

pls don start a unneccesary argument.

pls state ur name.

george lim.

we r all brothers in Christ!

yikyee83 said...

hey, as you said

"Swimming lessons. RM150 for 10 lessons, 1 hour per lesson. You arrange the venue, I come there. "

now got another 'potential' anak murid seeking for sifu!

you can arrange my lesson after christine's lesson or even same time but we both total up will pay u rm150...haha...[c la, tis the ppl who always wanna CUT CUT CUT~]

all the best!!

Hasten said...

Anonymous I: :)

Anonymous II: :)

Christine: Hey, of course I remember you! Still wanna play Reversi?

Anonymous III: :)

George: :)

Yikyee: Ayo, too far la. I lazy lazy, cos air so hazy...

Anonymous said...

Samue.C: I can give you some markeing tips... ;o) Dinner 1st Haha... (Chinese culture: No eat No talk)

sleepypurplepiglet said...

I have no problem at all with people leaving nasty comments on my blog...but the funny thing is, all these people always hide behind the safe, cowardly mask of namelessness. And the last, I absolutely despise.

If you have something nasty to say, say it straight and let the person you're being nasty to know who you are.

If you don't have the guts to, then shut up.

Anonymous said...

have u ever come to KL? I am interested to receive your swimming lessons. :)

Hasten said...

I am working in KL. My rates are much higher now.

Anonymous said...

How much do you charge for the swimming private lesson for 2 people. We are staying near Jalan Ipoh Batu 5