Friday, October 19, 2007

Why I cannot become angkasawan

I dunno how many of you watched the live video-conferencing between our angkasawan and our Prime Minister on TV a few days ago. Our angkasawan was seen pulling out a piece of aluminium foil. Inside it was a copy of the Rukunegara. He read it in space.

Not being enough, he also reached behind him and pulled out an emblem signifying our 50th year of independence. He showed it in space.

The first time our Rukunegara is read beyond t
he earth's atmosphere! The first time a Malaysian goes into space during our significant 50th year of independence!

How symbolic. Very inspiring.

I thought to myself. What would I have done if I was there in outer space?

I would reach behind me in the zero-gravity room... Struggle to pull out an aluminium foil,... Open it, and read...

"Dato' Seri... Ini Article 11, Dato' Seri... Saya mau baca... This will be the first time all mankind will know about it..."

*Prime Minister and his wife start squirming in their seats on national television. TV station starts to cut transmission*

"Nanti, nanti... Ada lagi, Dato' Seri... I have a message for our young, aspiring angkasawans..."

*Prime Minister and wife resettle into their seats. Tries to smile*

"I am very bangga and berterima kasih because I diberi peluang to be the first Malaysian in outer space. I bertekad untuk inspire our younger generation untuk participate in space program and research. This time, we have to use a Russian rocket. But I hope that next time, we will have the technology, and we can build our own rockets..."

*Reach backwards clumsily, pull out this emblem*


































Liao... I shall reside in Russia indefinitely.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoever doesn't get it, here are the references:

http://www.article11.org/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Action_Party

Anonymous said...

with this rojak languege he used?? hmm...wat a glorious moment for MALAYSIA~

mengyee

Andrew said...

Hahaha... very Funny!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha!! The moment I read the title, I thought, "There's no way you can be the angkasawan because you wouldn't be able to baca Al-Quran in Space". That kinda kills the need for halal food also. You know.. that crazy idea of having ketupat in space for Hari Raya.. *rolls eyes*

Hasten said...

Mandy: No lah. They can't possibly send me up there. Surely they have learned from their mistakes...

The last time they sent a team to climb the highest mountain in the world... The wrong guy made it to the top.

The last time they sent a guy to sail solo around the world... He came back with the wrong religion.

No way they are gonna get it wrong the third time. Mm mmm. No siree. Got to be sure. Got to take every precaution.

But if our angkasawan comes back... Claims he saw some aliens... And starts to believe in Scientology...