Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Do Baldies Have More Fun

What have I been up to nowadays? Lemme see…

I read my portion of Systematic Theology for the day. Then, I read the Bible. After that, I read Systematic Theology again. In between reading those two, I read Tuesdays With Morrie. I write in my blog. And I wait for my posting.

Last night, I was unable to sleep. It must be the prolonged “afternoon nap” that I took. I suddenly realized that I have a severe lack of entertainment. What has happened to me? When was the last time I played sports? When was the last time I sweated it out in the great outdoors? When was the last time I watched a no-brainer movie? When was the last time I indulged myself at some eating place?

Hmmm… I can hardly remember. What have I become? I have become… A book-reading, blog-writing, theology-studying nerd! My muscles are atrophying. I’m getting skinnier by the day. I’m turning into a Cicak Man. Oh no… How come I never saw this coming?

My father must have watched Remp-it. Even my Baby Boomer generation father watched a movie like Remp-it! And what was the last movie I watched? An international movie about mail-order brides. Oh no… What am I turning into?

It’s like, I’m breaking out from a larvae. But I’m not morphing into a butterfly. I’m turning into a moth!

As I’m perplexing myself over how come I didn’t notice the things that are coming over me, I ran my fingers through my head. Aaaaah… My bald head. What comfort and solace it brings…

The female staff at Methodist Boys’ School said I look like Mawi. Chek Boon said I got a torpedo head. His Malay friend said I look like a Smashing Pumpkins band member. Mei Yee said I look like an alien. Some people said I look like a prisoner that just came out. The teachers in Convent Green Lane asked me what’s the message behind it. “To show that we should be bebas dari taklukan minda,” I’d say.

You know what’s missing? I think my bald head and new glasses will go well with a black t-shirt that says in white fonts, “Don’t censor me.”

I feel my bald head with my fingers again. “Yeah,” I tell myself. “I’m still cool…”






No comments: