Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Zh'ng My Car

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law (Galatians 5:22-23).

Today, I set out from my house at 6:45 a.m. My car refused to start. I dunno why. I’ve already sent it to the mechanic for the umpteenth time. It has an undiagnosed disease. Sometimes, it can start. Sometimes, it cannot start. The problem is, whenever I send it to the mechanic, it can start (but of course what. If the car cannot start, how can I get the car to the mechanic in the first place?) I’ll need a live-in mechanic to figure it out.

Great. Now, I cannot go to school. What would Jesus do?

Love: I lovingly picked up my handphone, lovingly called my father, and lovingly asked him to tell the school that I won’t be coming. Even if I come, I will be late.

Joy: I can hear other people’s cars around me, joyfully coming alive at the first try. I sit in my car with joy. I have a valid excuse not to go to work. The other fellows have to go to work. Poor fellows.

Peace: I walked back to my house, took off my shoes, read old newspapers, and watched tv. Peace.

Longsuffering: I wish I can get a new Myvi… Like, tomorrow. But, I may not be in Penang permanently. I don’t have a steady paycheck yet to foot the installments. I cannot find anyone to buy this car from me. So, what to do? Longsuffering.

Kindness: I saw a Hot Wheels Grand Prix toy car on the dashboard. I kindly ripped the wrapping open, and played with it. It’s a red racecar. A token of kindness from my father’s car.

Goodness: I remembered the email I read some time ago, about how some people’s lives were saved because some unforeseen circumstance happened to them, and they turned up late at the World Trade Center, and their lives were spared from the terrorist attack. My goodness.

Faithfulness: I still have faith that somebody, someday will buy my car. Faithfulness.

Gentleness: I gently popped the hood to check the air filter, gently opened the air filter’s cover, gently put the cover back, and gently closed back the hood. Gentleness.

Self-control: I said the word that I learnt from Adam Sandler’s Anger Management. “Goosefraba.” I sang the song I learnt from the same movie. “I feel pretty… Oh so pretty…”

Against such there is no law: I arrived at school at 8:10 a.m. No law.


Actually I very geram la... Sigh...









My Ford Laser. Besssst…

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Myvi is a nice car... Especially ompared to Savvy. If people of our height sit in the back seat of a Savvy and lean back, our heads 'become one' with the ceiling.

But Myvi for long term... To quote a married co-worker of mine, Myvi is a bit small for a family car, such as if you go for a holiday trip. According to the formula:

[Husband + Wife + Kid(s) + Luggage (+ In-laws)] x Distance = Are We There Ye~~~~t?

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha....goosefraba...I'm still laughing 5 mins after...

Anonymous said...

HO LIAUUU LAHHH!!! Pastor Luster ehhh chiaaa!!!!!

Hasten said...

I'm betting my car on this... Anonymous, I bet you must be none other than Kam Seng Eu! :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, sorry..i forgot to leave my name..how are you?..long time no see!!!

Anonymous said...

Hehe. :D Nice post :D

Anonymous said...

I feel for you Shua. Take comfort that Archie and his jalopy probably had more difficult times together. You can always try to borrow the 'ecstasy dog' car if you can't get your car to move.

A.L.

Hasten said...

I can so totally relate to Archiekins, man! Good thing good ol' Betty Cooper doesn't mind his beat up jalopy. The Veronica Lodges would have dumped me for their Reggie Mantles by now! Hahaha...

The "ecstasy dog" car was the medium that brought me to church last Sunday. But the problem is, if I borrow the "ecstasy dog" car too often, the "ecstasy dog" herself will come after me!

My car confirmed K.O. for the past 2 days. No sound at all.

The mechanic just checked it out today. At last, the car is REALLY dead when he is here! I thought surely he will dig up some unsolved mystery and finally put me out of misery once and for all. Tengok-tengok, all he did was, he changed the battery. Then can start already...

WHAT THE ARCHIE????