Saturday, September 09, 2006

Questions That Need Answering

There are some questions in my mind. Questions that need some answers. Questions pertaining to life...

Regarding pasar malams:

1) About ESP. How come the all the cars know when to evacuate the pasar malam area, when there is a pasar malam? Who tells them to move their cars? Is it a common understanding? How do they know?

2) About trouble shoot. How come nobody absent-mindedly parks his car there, when there is a pasar malam? What if someone actually does that? How do they solve the problem?

3) About geography. How come the pasar malam stalls know exactly where to pitch their stalls? How do they know the exact spot to do it? If one stall misses its mark by just 1 foot, cumulatively, in a long line of stalls, the poor fellows at the end of the line will not have a place to pitch their stalls. How come that never happens? If it happens, how do they deal with the situation?

4) About legality. Do pasar malam stalls have permits? If I decide one day to open a stall to sell nasi lemak at a pasar malam, can I just go ahead and do that? How do I negotiate which spot I can take to pitch my stall? Who do I talk to? Who holds the authority in pasar malam administration?

Regarding camera batteries:

1) About diagnosis. How come only one side of my battery charger’s indicator lights up, while the other indicator doesn’t? Is it because the indicator is not working, but the battery is still charging? Or is it because the battery is not charging at all?

2) About side effects. If only one of the batteries is charging and the other one isn’t (because of my assumedly faulty charger), when I put both batteries into my camera, will my batteries leak when I use them? Does using 2 batteries that are not equally charged at the same time cause detrimental effects to my camera or batteries?

3) About anomalous behaviour. How come the charger’s indicators never go off, no matter how long I charge the batteries? Aren’t the indicator lights supposed to go off once the batteries are fully charged? How come my charger’s lights never goes off, no matter how long I charge the batteries?

4) About comparative pricing. How come Energizer’s rechargeable AA, Ni-MH, 2000mAh batteries are so much cheaper than the rechargeable AA, Ni-MH, 2000mAh batteries sold in camera stores? The Energizer batteries (with charger) sold at Watsons cost only RM60. But the brands at camera stores (e.g. GP batteries) cost more than double the price. Why is that so?

5) About definition. What does mAh mean?

6) About quality control. Which kind of battery is better? The cheaper Energizer ones sold in convenience stores, or the more expensive ones in camera stores?

Why am I asking such questions? Or am I just thinking too much? Am I normal?

Life’s questions that need answering…

No comments: