Saturday, May 26, 2007

Easy Come, Easy Go

Finally got my pay yesterday! My long awaited, 3-month pay! I almost felt like jumping up and down at the bank. But scared that the security might throw me out. Hehehe... I was down to RM111.11 in my bank account. The cash injection came at just the right time... to spoil the number in my account :)

I went to Putrajaya today to get my payslip. Didn't want to wait for it to arrive at my school after the holidays. The longer I wait, the later my Iswara will arrive. Up to today, the process of getting my Iswara is still at Step 0. Without my payslip, I can't get a loan. So, I thought I'd better take action and hasten the process.

I learned that you need RM50 to get to Putrajaya via public transport! Terminal Putra to KL Central via LRT. KL Central to Putrajaya station via KLIA Transit. Putrajaya station to Parcel E 12 building via taxi. Then reverse the process to get back.

While waiting at KL Central to get back to Terminal Putra, I saw a foreign-looking couple. Maybe from Taiwan or Korea. The girl beckoned to the guy. She pointed to a sign that says "No chewing gum". And the guy spit his chewing gum into a rubbish bin.

Where do they think they are... Japan?? Hahahaha! I was smiling at the sight of that.

After arriving at Terminal Putra, I went to Sri Gombak. Emptied half of my 3-month salary for my Iswara's downpayment. I went straight to the Proton showroom before I got robbed, and passed my payslip to my agent.

I learned that the 3.1% Bank Rakyat loan was a farce. Learned that all other banks are offering the same amount anyway. So I'll be "working" for Bank Rakyat for the next 7 years at 3.88% interest rate.

I also learned that the price for Proton Iswara will be going up next month! By June, it will cost an extra RM3k. Good thing I rushed to see my agent to hand him my pay slip!

I managed to talk him into tinting my windows for free. And I'm changing my order to a "orange-like-Gen-2" colour.

So, yeah the Putrajaya trip was worth it. Better RM50 and 5 hours of my time, than to bear RM3000 over a much longer period of time.

In God's timing, it's all good:

1) The delay in getting a loan means my Iswara will be delayed.

2) The delay up to the 11th hour also means that by the time my Iswara comes, my salary will be steady enough to pay off the installments. If it had come any earlier, I may not afford to foot it.


And yeah... I'm halfway near broke again. After giving my tithe, I'll be even nearer. The church piano would better play a comforting tune when the offering bag is passed around. I need to feel soothed. Hehe...

You know why they make money using paper?

So it can fly.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope your model is not structurally similar to the dull brown/gray ones that came out after my silver Aeroback one.
http://multiply.com/mail/message/scottthong:notes:3?&replies_read=1

Money is paper so it can fly, and offering bags are felt so the coins don't clink when people drop in 10 sen.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm REALLY AH? (Re: money is paper so it can fly)

Hasten said...

Really wan! You try and see. You put a 5-ringgit bill on the table. Blow also can fly!

Also, do you know that, if you look closely enough at a 5-ringgit bill, you can see a Power Ranger.

Anonymous said...

Oooi... teacher. Itu tuip-tuip 5 lingit boleh terbang pasal tekanan ma. Boleh tipu budak form1 kebawah.

-Kenny

Hasten said...

But can you find the Power Ranger? :)