Tuesday, March 06, 2007

I'm Diving In

Was informed today that I'm atually the Penyelaras Sains Tingkatan Dua... Not the Penolong Ketua Panitia. Yah, it makes more sense that way. But the job specification still comes with its necessary evils.

I'm now SMK Selayang Bharu's volleyball teacher. I have taken over Pn Noraini's place, the former Science teacher for form 1 and 2 before I came in. That also means I'm taking over all her responsibilities... Including being a co-teacher advisor for volleyball. On the bright side, my ko-kurikulum slot is now filled. So I don't have to think about starting a swimming club as long as I'm a volleyball teacher.

Oh, and Pn. Noraini is also a form teacher for 1 Radon. So that's gonna be my job too.

En. Mirashab, a colleague in the afternoon session, linked me up to another tuition job at Sri Gombak. Form 4 and 5 Add Maths. That's more in my league. 50-50 share of the profit. Apparently, the tuition center is losing its students because of incompetent teachers. But I guess it's a good place to start. I'll take up the 50-50 offer. And if I can build up a strong base at the center, I ain't turning back on the agreement :)

I've decided to commit myself to Kepong Gospel Chapel. The people there are very warm. Its members are very participative in worship. You don't get to count to 10 before someone stands up to contribute! It seems that Kepong Gospel Chapel has quite a reputation for that. Itinerant speakers seemed to have commented the same thing about them repeatedly. The young adults there are friendly people. My first Young Adults meeting will be on Thursday night.

I've got a phone line installed in my flat today. Along with a Motorola cordless phone that I won in a lucky draw to go with it! Once I can get my hands on a modem adaptor, I'll be connected to the internet from home.

I'm gonna print out my Science homework here at the cybercafe. Printing a black and white document here is 50 cents a piece! Internet charges are at RM3 per hour! Got no Queensbay Mall here to parasite free internet access :)

Just normal, shallow updates for now. Deeper stuff will be cooked up once I have internet at home.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you decided to stay at Kepong GH. Im sure that the place for u to grow others and grow yourself.

Do let me know hows the fellowship there. Then we could share some ideas on how different church can grow each other too!

-KC

Anonymous said...

Oh btw, about your statement on shallow stuff. You know its ok. Its a good update for those who are far away and still wanna know how u're doing. Everyone come ask u the same question also you sian to answer them rite. So just say go look at my blog.

I'll also be nice to write stuff that matters to you, not only correct issues but convicted issues too!

-KC

Anonymous said...

Yo!!!
Heard from Christine Siew that you're in KL!!! YAY!!! Maybe we all (chalet9) can meet up! WHat say u?

:)

Hasten said...

KC: Kepong GH, as in Kepong General Hospital? Haha. It's Kepong Gospel Chapel la.

It occured to me that I can't really remember if my church in Penang is called Sungai Ara Gospel Hall, or Gospel Centre.

If I'm not mistaken, it originally started off as "Gospel Centre". Then slowly, it became "Gospel Hall".

Mr. Cheah from Kepong explained to me the differences between "Gospel Hall", "Gospel Centre" and "Gospel Chapel". According to him, Sungai Ara can be called... "Gospel House"! Hahahaha...

Christine Tan: Ayo, so long time ago already la... Still so berpegang teguh to Chalet 9... But yeah, it will be good to meet up one of these days :)

Anonymous said...

Hey you can put that Gospel centre, hall.. etc thing as a blog by itself. Will be helpful. Of course i think you will have difficulty of explaining Gospel Shoplot, Gospel Shack (OA) etc. I won't wanna see Gospel Stadium, Gospel Hotel tho.

-KC