Friday, February 29, 2008

There is no conflict

My handphone is now running the final lap of its last mile. The screen's image is gone. Can't receive calls sometimes. No more alarm clock in the mornings.

Time to get a new phone. But the question is... What kind of phone?

Have been secretly eyeing a camera phone. Imagine the novelty of:

  1. Having a camera device in your pocket.
  2. Getting to snap a picture whenever "the moment" comes. You can't possibly carry a real camera with you all the time, rite?
  3. Getting to post more pictures on my blog.
  4. Getting to snap a picture when the separuh iblis are up to mischief, and show it to the Rotan Man.
  5. Not having to remember the exact spot where your car is parked anymore.

But that novelty will also mean...

  1. Splashing more than half a grand on a camera phone. If you want to get a camera phone, may as well get a good camera phone, rite? No point buying the cheapest camera phone off the shelf if the picture quality is so bad, you don't even want to look at it or use it.
  2. Risking it getting stolen. More people will be eyeing your handphone now.
  3. Risking it getting spoiled. Drop it, and it's gone.

If I stick to my prinsip hidup and get the most basic handphone for what it's fundamentally supposed to be for...

  1. I won't have to splash half of half a grand on it. A little over a hundred bucks will do.
  2. No fear of thieves. They may as well steal my students' handphones. Don't bother with mine.
  3. No fear of spoilage. If it drops, explodes and scatters... Just pick up the pieces and fix them back. No pain.

Many people who used to share the same prinsip hidup as I... Has strayed away... To the dark side... And bought camera phones... Ha ha ha ha! Meowlisa... Li Ean... Thou art apostates...

Still, it's very tempting. Imagine rite... Camera phone... You can actually see the face of the person calling you... It's not really that expensive what... I mean... I deserve it, don't I? I have always been thrifty and responsible... I do earn my own keep now... There's nothing wrong about it, rite... It's not like I'm gonna buy the most expensive phone on the planet... Just a simple camera phone... Not too teruk, but not too canggih... I'm sure it should be ok mah... But then again...











Oh, LOOK!! The screen is back!!

Yay. End of dilemma. End of conflict.

"No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. But Nokia is faithful. It will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, it will also provide a way out and make the screen come back on it." (1 Nokiatians 10:13)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woi!! apa nii!! i was about to tell u , you could pinjam my extra phone whn u diss-ed me! Rraagghh! *incredible-hulk-moment*

Nyways,my life is SOOOO MUCHHH more intresting now with a camera phone u knwww...so what if i sold my soul to the company for pretty pic,incredible colors and lovely music on my hp??!!... coz i'm like so kewl now! pbbthhhhh!!!

Hasten said...

Tsk tsk... All apostates sound like that... Their souls are already sold, so they try to look on the bright side :P Hehehehe!

Anonymous said...

Raarrrr!!