Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Anti-burn out solution

A) Become a bike rider.

This one can't work out.

It is an expensive sport. From shoes to helmet, from aerobar to pedals, everything costs a lot of money. Bodily fuel prices may match car fuel prices. Can't wear sunglasses. Long cycling hours. And possible prostrate problems.

So...

.
Bye bye, bike... *sob*

B) Build a tuition empire.

Boring. Money may be good. But in the long t
erm, I'll end up looking forward to the pay cheque only.

I mean, c'mon, honestly... How interesting can Math get? Even Add Math, for that matter. It's easy to teach. But it's a static subject. The only change you'll find is a change in the syllabus... When it gets watered down to become easier.

But if I manage a tuition empire... Different story lah.

C) Build a translation company.

Same as above. Money is not as good as tuition anyway. Human interaction, zero. I don't have the qualifications to back me up. And it's boring. So it's a quadruple whammy.

I may like managing it, though. But doing it... Different story.

D) Going to seminary / bible college.


This one can't work out either.

Too controversial. I go there, I lose trust from the local assembly.

GLO training school is good, no doubt. But it lacks accredition. I won't know whether or not I got it right anyway. I'll still feel as untested as before. And I personally feel any form of real education cannot be done inside a fishbowl.

Sor
ry la. I think GLO is a good training ground. But it does not fulfill what I'm looking for.

E) Concentrate on accumulating wealth and buy a house.

The methodology of this goal is the same as B and C. So, it will arrive at the same conclusion.

And it doesn't sound right anyway...

F) Get married.

I got to figure out the puzzle first. See previous post. Hehe...

That leaves me with one option...


Seriously thinking of doing a Master of Educational
Management (MEdM).

Many things I'm not sure of. But a few things I'm sure:

1. If I'm gonna do it, I will do it in UM. For proximity reasons, and credibility reasons.

2. The course content must involve a dissertation / research. Getting a Masters without a dissertation means very little to academics.

3. The course content is very "my type". You l
ook at the hyperlink above and see...

4. It will cost RM7221 over 3 semesters, for a full-time student.
That will come up to RM401.17 per month. If I do it part-time, it will certainly cost more.

5. Scholarships are available only for full-time students. Either I make it on my own steam, or I wait for a government grant and do it full-time while on study leave.

6. The intake starts either in July or December.

What am I going to do with a MEdM?

Well, the main reason for now is to keep my mind off the dreariness of school. A short-term, anti-burnout solution.

After that, it may come in useful if I want to jump ship.

No comments: