Friday, June 20, 2008

Resurrection

I'll be going for the Siemens 10km run.

The last time I exerted my body: World Championships, Geelong/Lorne, Australia. February 2006.

That was 2 years, 4 months ago. Zero exercise since then.

Time left to the Siemens run: 15 days.

Will it be possible to revive my old form within 15 days, after retiring for 850 days?

This will be quite an experiment...

My friend, a "sales & marketing executive of a top chemical plant in Malaysia", has this super canggih Nike transponder. You can put this gadget in your shoe. Link
it to your iPod. At a click, it can tell you how far you have run, your best mile, etc. When you go home, you can download your run into your laptop. You can see what you did during your run - the distance, the timing, etc. You can even see your running trail on the Google map!

Then you can compare your stats against everyone else in the world who downloads their runs into the internet.

Jealous...


All I have is my old Casio digital watch. Strap modified, because already broken and no more stock...


And this video to inspire me...

Russian champ challenges retired American champ.
American champ comes out from retirement to fight Russian champ.
Russian champ trains in a high-tech lab.
American champ trains, old school.



Guess who wins!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very funny Joshua! 10km run only what.. where lah can be so drama! :)

Anonymous said...

How's the traning buddy? I just ran a 5K last month and it was tough because the elevation was crazy!! I trained for 5 weeks for it. I am going to enrol for more 5ks.. it is fun!!

Hasten said...

Great work!

Just clocked my 3rd training session today.

Keep it up on the 5k runs... Graduate to the 10k only after you're fully fit for it, but not before!

Have as much fun as you can with the 5k runs :)