Saturday, June 07, 2008

Gangster...

Today, I was lining up to change coins for a ferry ride. Mei Yee and Christine Siew was standing in line behind me. It was a very long line. I was getting near the front already. And suddenly...

One guy cut in, right in front of me!

I moved nearer to him, and stared him down from the side. Very closely. He dared not turn his head.

He changed RM20 worth of coins. He was not alone. He was making a ferry trip with a group of friends.

I looked at his friends. They don't look like they're from here. Possibly Chinese Indonesians. Young, rich-looking, wearing funky clothes. The guy who cut in was wearing a hood, and a t-shirt with a skull on it.

While waiting for the ferry, I stared at him from afar. The kind of stare that I give to truants, that says, "If you're gonna jump the fence, do it before you meet my gaze because you know I'm looking at you."

His eyes were darting everywhere. He don't dare to look.

Quite brazen, rite? You're not from this country, and you come and cut queue like you own the place.

Anyway, I was having a fun day. So, I let him off easy.

When I was sitting in the ferry, I said to George Lim, "I'm disappointed... That guy dared to cut in front of me! That means, I don't look gangster enough. Of all people he could cut, he cut in front of me wor! Surely, if I look really gangster, he won't cut my line, rite?"

Catharsis moment...

One of my secret dreams to to have a gang, where I can be gang leader. It's really fun! You'll feel like you're very big, just because of how you look and because you have a lot of people with you. As long as you are with your gang, you will not feel out of place. That will also mean you will not be uncool. I'm putting this in very small fonts so that you cannot read this secret easily, and so that if you are a teenager and you are reading this, you will feel assured that what you're going through is normal...

Anyway...

Being in last place is how the Lord Jesus teaches us to behave. Here's a music video that shows the top two things that irritate people: Crazy driving and cutting lines. And how Christians should deal with it.

Every "loser" in this video are members of a Christian rock band called Audio Adrenaline. Check out how the rambut panjang fella let people cut his line. Light-hearted and fun to watch!



No comments: