Friday, June 06, 2008

Let's count!

Pumped a full tank at the petrol station today. It came up to RM98!

Before the petrol price hike, a full tank costed around RM75.

That is easily RM25 more per full tank!

If I use one full tank per week...
I will be spending RM25 more per week.
That will be RM100 more per month.
That will be RM1200 more per year.

*wipe sweat*

Let's make a comparative analysis between petrol and NGV.
If we use my Proton Iswara 1.3 as a case study...

Let's say a full tank costs RM100.
A full tank gives me around 450 km.
That means, if I run on petrol, I will be spending RM0.22 per km.

Now, if the newspaper source is correct (see previous post)...

A full tank of NGV costs RM12.
Let's say a full tank covers an average of 200 km.
If I run on NGV, I will be spending RM0.06 per km.

That is almost 4 times more cost effective than running on petrol!

Now, if I run on petrol...
Let's say I use up an average of one full tank of petrol per week.
That will be RM100 per month.
I will be spending RM400 per month.

If I run on NGV...
I will be spending only RM110 per month.
(If you count km for km, it will still come to the same thing).

This means, I will save RM290 per month!

Ok. Assuming that installing the NGV apparatus costs RM4000 (by generous standards)...
If I save RM290 per month on travel expenses,
The cost of installing the NGV apparatus can be covered in a span of...

14 MONTHS!

That means...

If my car runs on NGV tomorrow, whatever "loss" incurred in installation costs will be recovered in a little over a year's time. After that, it's all gain!

If I drive more, the "losses" will be recovered even faster!

The Petronas kiosk downstairs has NGV. After school hours, nobody lines up for NGV.

To NGV or not to NGV? Cast your vote...

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Go for NGV!