Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Ang ang, hai see lang!

My bike purchase advisor found me this:


Merida 904, for RM3000, at KSH Bicycle (TTDI).

He said he can press for more discount, if I really want the Merida 904. He said its parts are semi-pro, better than the KHS Flite 500:

Sizes [XS45-S48-M50-L52.5-XL55-[XXL57.5]

Speeds 20

Frame
Road Lite-Single

Colour 1. red/metalic white 2.D.silver/Black

Fork CARBON ROAD

Derailleur Shimano 105

Shifter Shimano 105 2

Brake lever Shimano 105

Brake Shimano 105

Chainwheel
Shimano R600 50-34

Hub attached

Rim Shimano R500

Freewheel Shimano CS-5600 11-25

Tire Maxxis Xenith 23 Kevlar

Stem XM Comp OS -8

Saddle XM Comp

Seat post XM Comp SB20 27.2

Weight 8.6 kg


He said its frame geometry is better too. Merida is German, while KHS is American. He said he has ridden a Merida before, and he recommends it. I'll have to take his word for it, because I'm a newbie with bike technology. Anyone has any advice?

Which bike would you go for? Merida 904, or KHS Flite 500?

My deceptiproton agent said I can get a refund if I cancel my order. I'm gonna tell him he has one week to get me my car... Or my money back.

I don't really need a car anymore nowadays. With my tuition classes canceled, I only need a car twice a week. To get to church on Sundays, and to Young Adults meetings on Thursdays. I can get around to most places with my bike. So I don't see why I should be paying more than RM300 a month for the next 7 years for a vehicle that I won't really use. I may as well wait for my good ol' Ford Laser to come out from the workshop.

If I get my money back from deceptiproton, I'll be RM3k richer.

Are you thinking what I'm thinking? :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, thats if ou ride short distance in kampung area. THen you will limit yourself to around your vicinity.

Car no matter how old or new is still much safer and can bring u further. Then you will be more flexible.

When are u speaking at KGC?

Kenny

Hasten said...

My old Ford Laser? The brakes ain't working properly. Today, cannot start.

I feel safer on my bike. At least I can brake when I want to.

Speaking assignment at KGC was supposed to be last Sunday. I took leave.

hawk said...

Go ahead and buy this Merida904..its really cheap..i m thinking of getting one but my budget is currently tight..normally it sell at RM3700..the color is great..i m having an 'Atala' italian bike...contact me for advise if u want to.