Friday, July 27, 2007

Bike adventure of the night

Cycled to Batu Caves. Ate dinner at Chitti Nadu Restaurant. Banana leaf! Unlimited food for only RM6. The workers there were very fascinated with my bike lights. They kept asking and playing with it.

On a full stomach, continued to Sri Gombak. I should've just cycled to Sri Gombak back then, when I was still teaching tuition there. It wasn't as dangerous as I thought. Could've saved a small fortune on taxi fares.

Stumbled upon... Gin Huat bicycle shop! Now I know they have a branch there.

Also stumbled upon... Encik Azuan! He took his family to Sri Gombak for dinner.

One thing I discovered: When I wear my fluorescent reflector jacket and cycle fast, it flies like a cape. And I look like... Spaceman Spiff! Sigh... Can somebody help me get me a biker name already...

My bicycle is starting to give me back problems. Maybe it's the seat position. Most mountain bikes have the seat on the same height as the handlebars. My seat's a little lower. Or maybe Abraham Choong was right. My bike has bad geometry. I don't know how, but he can see it the moment I showed him a picture of my bike.

I think I know why I like cycling. There's a sense of freedom, traveling around with nothing but me, my bike and my electrolytes. That's the kick.

This song was ringing in my head when I first wheeled my bike out of the store:


6 comments:

Andrew said...

QUEEN! I want to ride my bicycle! Thanks to you, i can't get the song out of my head now... I want to ride my BIcyCLE! I want to ride my bike....

Anonymous said...

For someone who just know how to paddle the 2 wheel, you are very obsessed into bikes.... i mean bisikel.

Kenny

akmj said...

same here. i absolutely love that feeling of freedom when i cycle... wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, that plays just like a slowed down version of Excitebike for the Famicom...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Excitebike

Hasten said...

Andrew: Syok rite, the tune? So easy to stick to your head! Hahaha... Like so... ber-angst to ride bicycle. Must! Must! Must! All I wanna do is... BAAAAAISIKLE! BAAAAAISIKLE!

Kenny: I guess I'm kinda like reliving the childhood I didn't really have.

a.h.t.i.n. said...

i love riding bicycle too...until someone stole my bike from my house few years ago >.<