Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Lessons from dy/dx

Joshua Johnson reminded me of a quote I came up with during my university years, which I printed out on yellow paper and pasted on the wall in my hostel room:

Differentiate...
Between what you need and what you want
God give me strength
to do what I need
The courage
to want the right things
And the wisdom
to differentiate between the two

Mantra for highly busy individuals. May be sold on a bookmark in Evangel bookstores one day. Hehehe...

* * * * * * * * * *

AGM today for Kelab Renang. Only 1 boy turned up.

Bagusss... Bagusss...

Then 21 more turned up.

Ummm... Bagus? :P

Oh well. I guess it's gonna be a go.

I suddenly felt motivated to do the club. Dunno w
hy. It's a strange thing.

* * * * * * * * * *

Kelab Fotografi. Finally got the camera passed on to
me. It will be in my care for the rest of the year. To be used at my disposal. Olympus C-760, 3.2 Megapixels, 10x optical zoom.

Suddenly I felt motivated to become snap happy. Dunno why. It's an unexplained phenomenon.

Imagine the kind of crimes I can catch on camera. And put it on my blog...

* * * * * * * * * *

The Form 4's finally got their classes today, after being cooped up in the hall since Thursday last week.

"Cikgu, ini kelas paling belakang kah?"

"Ya, ini memang kelas paling belakang sekali!"


A chinese girl starting crying.

They don't look so bad after all. My new persona is working.

I suddenly felt motivated to become a good form teacher. Hard. Tough. No nonsense. But sincere. Think Von Trapp. Captain Von Trapp.




* * * * * * * * * *

Ok. First picture with school camera.




Is it ok to bring bread to school with bak kua inside?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go! go! go!
love,
-my-

akmj said...

Just the quote I need at this hour. Thanks joshua!

yeah, joshua go! go! go! You'll make a good form teacher - the "hooi regime". mwahahahahaha...

donutking said...

the quote sounds so professional like some hebat fella preached from the past..i like..:p

Anonymous said...

Yeah lo, the quote sounded like some bookmark or motivational material you can buy from evangel.
Give your best, cikgu Joshua =)

Hasten said...

Don't copy ah... Now all I need is a design... Then can copyright :)

Unknown said...

LOLz...
mind if i do de design...
my design is getting better...i think...
"promos" are all here...

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=83086615&albumId=1613031

most of them are power rangers stuff coz it was mostly for de forum i'm active in...

Unknown said...

ooopps...
can't work if not logged in...
try this one

http://www.rangercast.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1764

Hasten said...

Why would I want Power Ranger stuff to go with my copywrite? :P

Unknown said...

its just for promo...
maybe i can do one and send it back to sir...
LOLZ

Hasten said...

Can! Can! :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

done...
here's de link

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/6603/differentiatetf7.jpg