Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Sweeney Todd of Selayang

I went to Selayang Mall today to get a haircut. Found a shop that gives a student cut for RM5, advanced student cut for RM8.

For the less informed, student cut does not mean special rate for students. Student cut means there are students in the saloon who are learning to cut hair. Part of their learning requires real life samples. If you don't mind being a real life sample, you ask for a student cut. A student will come and cut for you. It comes at a fraction of a price. A hairstyler's cut is at RM15.

Over some small talk, the trainee came to know that I was a teacher. She was a former student of SMK Darul Ehsan, the school right beside mine. The school that sucks away the top PMR performers from us, leaving us with refuse.

Getting to the point of the story...

That trainee went and punked me.

I said "Slope on the sides. Slope at the back."

She literally hacked off my sides and the back! Way up high!

Now, I look like a local punk. The kind that Selayang kids think looks cool.

She knew fairly well that I was a school teacher, for cryin' out loud. And she went and punked me.

I was even wearing a batik that time (On the 1st and 15th of every month, government servants wear batik to work). If I was wearing some la-la clothes, it's understandable lah. I was in a batik...

And she still went and punked me.

Can you imagine how that looked? Batik... With punk hair?

Maybe she thinks hairstyling = hair-punking.

All kids in Selayang like punk-style.

I am in Selayang.
Therefore, I must like punk style.

Her syllogism was intact.

It's a love-hate relationship, Selayang and I.

Either it was her faulty logic, or her faulty skill. Maybe she tried to do a slope. And she went, "Ooops... Let's try again." She tried to do a slope again. And she went "Ooops... Let's try again." After many many tries... She has nothing left for a slope. She hacked everything off.

Oh, and she took 2 hours to do that.

You may be thinking, "Why didn't I stop her if I knew she was doing it wrong?" The thing is, when I take off my glasses, I can't see a thing! By the time I felt something was not quite right, she was almost done. I put on my glasses. And...

What the punk??

I thought I wanted to take pictures of my new hairstyle, and post them here. But after thinking about it... No way.

If I had a choice, I'll stay indoors until March.

I wonder how in the world I'm gonna go to school tomorrow.

Since I'm at it, I may as well wear drainpipe jeans and a black, stretchy shirt, isn't it? And drape a chain around my right arm.

If I hear any wolf-whistles tomorrow, I will kill.

6 comments:

Andrew said...

show la photo :-) Censored your face / eyes-la. hehehe

Anonymous said...

WUAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAH you gotta SOOOO post us a pic josh! You gotaa!!! WUAHAHAHHAHA!!

-meowlisa-

Beng's mei said...

i cant wait to have first peeks! ;)

Beng's mei said...

Btw,did you tell her what you think abt her 'skill'? or else she might just go punk another cikgu..

Anonymous said...

Maybe she tried to do a slope. And she went, "Ooops... Let's try again." She tried to do a slope again. And she went "Ooops... Let's try again."

My mum gave me an unintentional 'Wong Fei Hung' haircut at the front using that same technique. I had to explain to the Penolong Kanan HEM why it wasn't a punk hairdo. It was the last haircut of my pre-Indian barber era.

Hasten said...

Andrew: I tak pandai photoshop.

Beng's Mei: I didn't bother. She would've gotten a frying from her sifu anyway. 2 hours on one customer? Her sifu and another senior had to step in to finish the job for her.

Scott: From now on, only Indian barbers for me too...